Please note these guidelines are subject to regular reviews and updates. Please check back regularly to keep up to date.
Purpose of reviews
To help parents make an informed decision when purchasing products for their baby.
Writing a useful review
- Avoid inappropriate content (see below)
- Add as much detail as possible. Include specific details about what you like and don’t like
- Only write reviews about products you have used
- Write in English
- Focus on the product and your experience using it, not the company
- Avoid abbreviations
- Use clear and easy to understand language
Reviews containing inappropriate content will not be approved or will be removed from the site. If you find inappropriate content please follow the link to notify admin and this will be addressed as soon as possible. We will consider all requests to remove a review, please ensure you leave a detailed explanation of why this review breaches our posting guidelines. We deem the following to be inappropriate:
- Inappropriate language, eg, swearing, discriminatory, intolerant, demeaning, threatening, inflammatory or sexually explicit
- Personal comments against a person or a business
- Information that identifies you or any other person, eg your full name, phone numbers, email
- Confidential information
- Illegal material, including false and misleading statements or content that may incite or promote crime
- Copyright content without permission of the owner
- Comments that in any way refer to person(s) less than 18 years of age
- Advertising content for a business or event
- Reviews if you are affiliated with the company this includes past and present employees, family and friends.
- External links that are not relevant to the review or links to inappropriate content.
- Comments that add no value to the review
- Compare Baby Products is not a place to comment about a dispute with a business.
We do not allow multiple accounts on Compare Baby Products. Any users found to be using multiple accounts will be banned [or lose privileges to all accounts]. You can update your information in your account settings if you change email address or contact details.
Ensuring reviews are genuine
We take pride in our site having genuine reviews from parents who want to help others make informed decisions. We take fake reviews seriously and we reserve the right to remove reviews and apply penalties to access on businesses involved.
We use several methods to prevent fake reviews
- Moderation. We have a team of moderators who alert us to any potential fake reviews.
- User feedback: If you see a review that you believe is fake, please contact us. Do not comment on the review. Your comment will be deleted.
As per the ACCC
“Businesses that offer incentives to those who write positive reviews risk misleading consumers and breaching the CCA. Incentives should only be offered in exchange for reviews of your business (its products or services) if:
- incentives are offered equally to consumers likely to be complimentary and consumers likely to be critical, and positive and negative reviews are treated the same
- the reviewer is expressly told that the incentive is available whether the review is positive or negative
- the incentive is prominently disclosed to users who rely on affected reviews.”
Updated July 2017